Pumpkin Bun / Pumpkin Pao / Pau - Bakpao Labu Kuning
Yes, I made pumpkin buns!
I just followed my feelings — added a bit of this and a bit of that — and tralaaaaaa… they turned out soft and fluffy.
Here’s my recipe:
Ingredients
Method:
1. Steam the pumpkin until soft. Let it cool, then mash it with a spoon. (I just used a regular spoon as I don't have masher)
125g mashed steamed pumpkin
100ml fresh milk (If your pumpkin holds more water because you steamed it uncovered, reduce the milk to about 40ml.)
260g high protein flour (or bread flour)
0.5 tsp baking powder
50gr caster sugar
100ml fresh milk (If your pumpkin holds more water because you steamed it uncovered, reduce the milk to about 40ml.)
260g high protein flour (or bread flour)
0.5 tsp baking powder
50gr caster sugar
25g butter
1/8 tsp salt
6g yeast
1/8 tsp salt
6g yeast
Method:
1. Steam the pumpkin until soft. Let it cool, then mash it with a spoon. (I just used a regular spoon as I don't have masher)
2. Mix all the dry ingredients using a stand mixer or knead by hand.
3. Add the mashed pumpkin
4. Slowly pour in the fresh milk until everything comes together. Note that The dough will be a little sticky — that’s normal.
5. Rub your palms with a bit of oil, shape the dough into a ball, and let it rest for 1 hour until almost doubled in size. (I covered mine with a food cloth.)
6. After one hour, steam the bun for 20 minutes.
3. Add the mashed pumpkin
4. Slowly pour in the fresh milk until everything comes together. Note that The dough will be a little sticky — that’s normal.
5. Rub your palms with a bit of oil, shape the dough into a ball, and let it rest for 1 hour until almost doubled in size. (I covered mine with a food cloth.)
6. After one hour, steam the bun for 20 minutes.

Comments