PRVF-0002 : Could not retrieve local nodename
When I install Oracle DB 12cR1 on Oracle Linux 6, I encountered this error: "PRVF-0002 : Could not retrieve local nodename"
When you check the hostname it is correct, but somehow I still received this error message.
What you need to do:
1. check your hostname
on linux type in: hostname
Take note the hostname output. For this blog purpose, I use mydb12c for my hostname.
2. amend /etc/hosts
vi /etc/hosts
add in your local nodename
before
27.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
after
27.0.0.1 mydb12c mydb12c.local localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
And now it runs smoothly. Yippieeee
Side note, in the event you want to change your hostname, you can change in this file "/etc/sysconfig/network":
System need to be rebooted.
When you check the hostname it is correct, but somehow I still received this error message.
What you need to do:
1. check your hostname
on linux type in: hostname
Take note the hostname output. For this blog purpose, I use mydb12c for my hostname.
2. amend /etc/hosts
vi /etc/hosts
add in your local nodename
before
27.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
after
27.0.0.1 mydb12c mydb12c.local localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 mydb12c mydb12c.local localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
And now it runs smoothly. Yippieeee
Side note, in the event you want to change your hostname, you can change in this file "/etc/sysconfig/network":
vi /etc/sysconfig/network
change the HOSTNAME to your desire nameSystem need to be rebooted.
Comments